Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:29:41 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Aftermarket cruise control or from my GTI (again)
Comments: To: Joe Romas <jromas@columbus.rr.com>

I tried the GTI stalk on my Vanagon, and it does fit...but it is shorter and at a different angle. While I did get used to it, it wasn't as ergonomic as the stock stalk :)

Had the idea (similar to Philippe) of using the MFA from an '84 GTI in my Vanagon. Thought I could build it into the centre of the dash below the LED cluster. I got as far as pinning out the GTI foil circuitry, obtaining an outside temp sensor (turned out to be Celsius, the MFA was a US model and expected Fahrenheit), and then other things came up and...well its still in a drawer in the garage.

I did install the tach from the GTI though.

Alistair

-- '82 Westy -> diesel converted to gas in '94 albell@uvic.ca http://homepage.mac.com/alistairbell/home/