Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:01:51 -0800
From:         Aristotle Sagan <killer_jupiter@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Toddler seat ?
Comments: To: jhlauterbach@EMAIL.MSN.COM

John, Serious issue not dealt with very well by the community. I have stopped using my vanagons for transporting the younguns as my 6 YO is in booster seat only mode and I don't like the thought of only a seatbelt on her. Her little sister still has the harness straps so a belt is all we need to make me feel comfortable. There are, in theory, lots of people who have retrofitted shoulder belts in their vans, but I haven't been able to talk my local VW dealer into a free set of shoulder belts for my 84 vanagon. So... when we drive the kids anywhere, it's into the SO's Toyota Rav4. And I don't want to hear any crap (list) about saftey of a vanagon with seatbelts only vs the Rav4 with shoulder belts. You'll only be talking out your butts.

As far as seat selection, my 4 YO is quite happy with her Grayco with built in cup holder.

Vanagon has been relegated to hauling the rotortiller around.

tim in san jose

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx