Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Apr 2002 23:24:38 -0800
From:         Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sliding door pops open on 90 Vanagon
Comments: To: Tim Hurlbut <timothy@VERIO.NET>

This is going to sound silly...

I had the same problem and was SURE that it must be something in the latch. Upon the advice of Sorin of California Campers, I simply sprayed the latch at the rear of the door with WD-40. Like magic, the door no longer pooped open.

The interesting part was that there was no dirt or crud visible on the latching mechanism. Its always a good idea to try the easy solution first. Something that is easy to forget when you have a Vanagon because you tend to conjure up complicated and obscure ideas as to why something is not working.

Todd '88 Westy