Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Apr 2002 11:32:01 -0500
From:         Stones <sstones@IDIRECT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ben Huot's coolant bleeding (all over the neighborhood)

At 09:09 AM 3/31/02 -0500, you wrote:

>The damn cooling / bleeding van is starting to pissed me off (I had no ><Snip> >everywhere yesterday whit coolant spilling everywhere trying to find my >13mm key to close the front bleeder, at the same time the "stick" that I >put between the gas pedal and the seat (200RPM) fell off and the damn >coolant pop off the expansion thank like the Niagara fall, so I try to shut >the damn engine but the door was lock on the driver side…………..damn I look

I'm sorry if I've mis-read your story (Amusing as it was) but... If you have the cap off of the expansion tank, the heating engine won't be able to build pressure in the system and therefore having the radiator bleeder open will only be letting air IN to the system as the coolant settles downhill toward the engine. You want to bleed only one point of the system at a time. Once the expansion tank is filled up anc closed, I do the rear bleeder first (On the plastic connection between the thick hoses along the firewall) then close that one, park with the front end high and do the radiator. Again, if you knew this and I'm babbling like a moron, I apologise, I mis-read the e-mail.