Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:22:39 -0500
From:         Herb Mooney <herbert_j@NDUSTRL.COM>
Subject:      Sunroof and grill
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

Anyone, I have a running non-sunroof Vanagon, so all i really need is a Titled Parts Vanagon with a good sunroof which i will get running with the parts from my Vanagon. I don't want to spend a ton of money on another running vanagon.

Otherwise i may attempt to section and weld the whole roof off of a junk yard sunroof Vanagon onto my Vanagon (my wife may commit me for doing this)

I was looking at the South African VW web site yesterday and saw their "Bus". Is there anyway to get the dual round headlight grill that they use on their Vanagons and would they fit in my squarelight Vanagon body? How about the bumpers, they look a little different, are they, and are they available to us here in the states through an importer?

Thanks again,

Herb Mooney Dillsburg, PA

---- Original message ---- >Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:28:51 EST >From: JordanVw@AOL.COM >Subject: vanagon SUNROOF production runs (in the US) and vanagon sunroof trivia... >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >In a message dated 4/3/02 4:07:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, >gmbulley@BULLEY-HEWLETT.COM writes: > > >> Correct me if I am wrong, but the Sunroof Van was ended with the >> > >No, the sunroof vanagon was available in the USA on every passenger van model >from '80-'87. the '86-'87 Sunroof vanagons were very rare, as most people >opted for the a/c (which you could not have with the sunroof model in '86-'87 >as the a/c ducts went down the center of the ceiling) in '88 a/c became >standard on US vanagons, and the sunroof was not imported anymore. >i have a '84 Wolfsburg (weekender) passenger van with the factory sunroof. >it also has a/c.. the a/c units on ALL '80-'85 Vanagons are dealer installed >kits, or installed at the POE (port of entry). the original owner of my van >wanted 'all the options" on his '84 wolfsburg, so they had the dealer install >the overhead front a/c. it actually covers the front of the sunroof opening >by about 5 inches or so, but doesnt interfere with it's operation. if you >look at where the sunroof crank is positioned off-center of the middle of the >ceiling, more towards the drivers side.. VW did this for that very reason - >so that the center duct of the front overhead a/c would not cover up the >sunroof crank handle. good forethought on VW's part ;<) > >i have seen a picture of a '87 Wolfsburg Edition sunroof van...but never one >in person.. now that is an extremely rare van. anyone have one of these?? >doubt it.. but it was available. > >chris >'84 Wolfsburg Edition Vanagon w/ factory sunroof and a/c, (and carat interior >from later van) >ex- '84 sunroof GL >ex- '83.5 rare NINE passenger GL sunroof (now owned by lister Tom forhan)