Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:31:43 -0700
From:         Andrew Fox <afox@CNR.COLOSTATE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Running hot, what can be the matter
Comments: To: Peter Krogh <VW85Westy@aol.com>

> Thanks for the tips. Do I measure resistance by connecting ohmmeter to the > connector tip of the temp sensor and to ground?

It would be really hard(dangerous) to connect the ohmmeter to the temp sensor with engine running unless you have a lift. i would start by checking resistance at the gauge. there is a voltage regulator on the back of the insturment cluster too that may be causing problems with your gauges. bentley has a good page and pic of it. its easily and cheaply replaced. another way to test just the guage is to buy a few resistors from radio shack (cheap) and fake the resistance going into the gauge and see how it reacts.