Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:07:02 -0800
From:         Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brake problem
Comments: To: Chuck Hill <hilltech@NETINS.NET>

Two thoughts:.

If your brake fluid has never been changed, there could be corrosion on your caliper pistons that are causing enough stick that they do not retract correctly.

The caliper housing slide on two pins. They are the two that have rubber accordion boots over them. If you do not keep these lubricated with caliper grease, or if the boots are broken and have allowed dirt inside, this will impede the ability of the caliper to retract.

Todd '88 Westy