Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Apr 2002 11:59:40 -0700
From:         Julianna Thoennes <mumbrue@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stereo experts? was: Re: who has upgraded their front
              vanagon              door SPEAKERS??

TRY PUTTING A 100 MFD NON POLAR CAPACITOR ON THE FRONT SPEAKERS, OR INSTALL SOME 6.5 INCH SPEAKERS IN THE LOWER DOOR AREA, AND DISCONNECT THE 4 INCH PIONEERS....STEVE

Julianna Thoennes wrote: > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Ben McCafferty" <ben@KBMC.NET> > > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > > Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 11:13 AM > > Subject: Stereo experts? was: Re: who has upgraded their front vanagon door > > SPEAKERS?? > > > > > OK, while we're on the stereo topic.... > > > PO installed a Clarion CD player in my westy, with Boston Acoustics > > > speakers. They are in the back, and with the fader all the way to the > > rear, > > > the sound is clear at any volume level. > > > My front speakers were stock, and they crackled pretty bad, so I replaced > > > them with some Pioneers that I had laying around. If I put all sound to > > the > > > rear, it's crystal clear at any volume setting. If I put it 50/50 > > > front/rear or all to the front, the Pioneers crackle at louder volume > > > settings, but not at lower ones. Maybe the Pioneers are just blown, but I > > > didn't think they were. Here's the relevant info: > > > > > > Clarion BD216 CD/tuner, 45Wx4 max, 17Wx4 normal, 4-8 Ohms allowable for > > the > > > speakers. > > > > > > Boston Acoustics RC820 system, with two 5x7" RC820 woofers, and two Neo 3R > > > Tweeters. There is a crossover on each side (820X from BA). The > > crossover > > > has an input from the stereo, then an output to woofer, tweeter and > > amb.tw. > > > (ambient tweeter?). The amb tw socket is not in use. The system calls > > for > > > a recommended amp of 20-275W, 4 Ohms. > > > > > > Pioneer 10cm 2-way, model TS-A1090. 50W max, 10W nom. (nominal?) power, 4 > > > Ohms. > > > > > > Is this simpler than I think, and the Pioneers are just blown, or is > > > something mismatched? If the Pioneers are blown, what would be the best > > way > > > to take advantage of the Clarion and BA stuff, since it's new? Can I wire > > > my Mac DVD in for surround sound in the westy (just kidding, but it would > > be > > > sweet!....) > > > > > > Thanks for any thoughts. > > > bmc :) > > > "Faith will move mountains, but you'd better bring a shovel...." > > > > > > > > > > From: Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA> > > > > Reply-To: Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA> > > > > Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 02:44:27 -0500 > > > > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > > > Subject: Re: who has upgraded their front vanagon door SPEAKERS?? > > > > > > > > I have a kick ass system... > > > > http://pages.infinit.net/eurokit/westy_modifications.htm > > > > > > > > And i speak what ever i can, indian for now....it's late. > > > > > > > > Lol, Ben > > > > > > > > >