Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Apr 2002 23:10:42 -0700
From:         "Andrew G. Martin" <agmartin@GIS.NET>
Subject:      For Sale:  misc. new Vanagon parts

My brother sold his 1991 Vanagon and has a few misc. Vanagon parts to sell.

First item

R-12 to R-134a conversion kit for 1991 Vanagon Includes NEW sealed in bag receiver/dryer #253 260 633A (says Made in USA on label), NEW sealed in bag blue o-rings and valve adapters, part #5304002 , and NEW unopened plastic bottle of Castrol Retro A/C premium polyol ester lubricant. Box that valves, o-rings and lubricant are in says "Southeast Air, Inc." on it. Also included is a copy of the Volkswagen of United States Technical Bulletin published 1995 that looks like it was printed from a web site.

I believe he purchased this kit from The Bus Depot a couple of years ago but never got around to installing it. The numbers on the receiver dryer and the box match the numbers on T B D's web site for model year 1991. I'm not certain what other years it will fit. Kit does not include refrigerant and you will need to be able read and follow printed instructions. This job also requires special tools and specific procedures that must be observed to achieve the desired results. NO technical assistance provided by seller!

Current prices from T B D for receiver/dryer is $59.95, conversion kit o-rings, adapters and lubricant, $29.95. (Total of $89.90) He will only sell both item together, $65.00 including shipping in continental US.

Next item

Bosch Oxygen Sensor # 13913 Fits '86 to 91 2.1L Vanagons. NEW in box with factory plastic cover over tip and "Never Seize" on threads. Has three wires (2 white, 1 black) and molded three pin male plug end.

Purchased from T B D for $49.95. Current price from T B D is $39.95. T B D's description says "must splice connector" and the part number are the same so plan on splicing to install. No installation instruction included or implied. He will sell for $25.00 including shipping in continental US.

Next item

Two upper ball joints, part number 251 407 361 NEW in plastic bags. Purchased from T B D, never installed. I don't know why. No installation instruction included or implied.

Current price from T B D $24.95 each. He will sell both for $30.00 including shipping in continental US.

Last item....

I bought these o-rings when I was rebuilding the front CV's and axles on my '87 Syncro. I had to special order them from the VW dealer and they didn't arrive in time to replace while I had the front axles apart so I cleaned the old ones and reinstalled without incident. I believe they were called "splash rings" in the Bentley but I don't have mine handy to confirm. Basically a couple of large o-rings (4" + or -) that fit somewhere on the front axle assembly of a Syncro. If you have rebuilt your Syncro front axles, you may know what and where they are. No installation instruction included or implied.

FREE! That's right, FREE to first interested listee to contact me via e-mail. I'll never use them, shame to throw them away.

Contact agmartin@gis.net if interested.

Andrew 85 Vanagon GL Westfalia Gloucester MA

Also check out www.vanagain.com , www.volks-motorsports.com , www.fastforward.ca , and others for additional price comparisons.