Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:30:54 -0400
From:   The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:   Re: vanagon front door speaker upgrade - Bryn Mawr Stereo

> while i was at Bryn Mawr stereo i noticed their catalog had a mid '60's > splitty on the cover.. did that have any influence on my buying there? > maybe.. :<) > also a well known listmember/vendor used to work for them in > their ad dept, if i remember correctly :<)

Yes, that would be me. I was a buyer and trainer for Bryn Mawr and also did some of the work on their first catalog, but had nothing to do with the splitty on the current one. In fact if anything I got funny looks from the upper management at that time, parking my old bus next to their Mercedes and Jaguars. Bryn Mawr's CEO was quite conservative and didn't much like me because of my choice of vehicle, longish hair, and liberal viewpoints, even though I did my job well. So I really got a kick out of the splitty on the new catalog. Apparantly the CEO of the new company (Tweeter, which bought out Bryn Mawr Stereo) is an ex hippy type, so they focused on that theme for their new catalog. I met him before; he doesn't look very "hippy-ish" these days in his business suits and short hair, but that's what 25 years and building a multi million dollar national corporation will do to you, I suppose... Funny thing is, there's a picture of him in the catalog taken 25 years ago, and if you look very closely at the picture you can see that he's holding a joint! I seriously doubt they noticed that when they picked that picture of him to put in the catalog! Perhaps he was just holding it for a friend, or didn't inhale. :-)

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT