Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Apr 2002 07:09:28 -0500
From:         "Terry K." <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Crash Test's, Crush Zone's and other garbage

While I read I laugh----

All the hypothetical theories, and irrelevant data that has been plastered all over my screen is just that--at best a guess---and a joke.

Crush zone's and Crash test's are only relevant to new vehicle's of sound construction-----not 15 to 20 year old vehicle's, where the fasteners are weakened by corrosion, and /or the sheet metal's molecular make-up has been altered by years of harmonic vibration, stress, and who know's what else----

And think about this---Who Care's?

Why in the hell would any of you be worried about any head on's or other mishap's of this nature, when your purchasing an obsolete vehicle in the first place ?----

If in reality, if this was an important factor, not one of you would have really bit the bullet and purchased that overpriced Westfalia, Wolfsburg, or Carat in the first place.

And here's another thought----

Not only is all this crash info garbage --- allot of you are playing Russian Roulette, in overpowering these 4 wheeled boxes---with the Land of the Rising Sun flat 4's, or the TIICO morphodite conversions-----

Yea Baby---make it go faster-----then when the time comes to apply the hooks in a heart stopping situation, which of course weren't modified to compensate for the increased HP----SPLAT !!!!

A real joke would be to donate a 15 year old Vanagon, with about 200,000 miles on it, to the national insurance institute, and have them bolt it to their crash rail and propel it into the test wall----forget about the Volvo--go for the gusto----I think most of your jaw's would drop when this thing exploded.

I bought my Vanagon's because they are unusual, are fun to drive, and are super utilitarian----they work for me----

If it's my time --Oh well--and it really doesn't make a tinkers damn what I'm driving---

Later,

Terry--

http://community.webtv.net/CTONLINE/TerrysHighOnLife