Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:42:30 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: BA6 & DA6 aux heaters
Comments: To: Craig Rogers <rogers23@OPTONLINE.NET>

I have run the Diesel heaters on gas but it won't work running the gas heater on Diesel . Gas being more volatile than Diesel readily ignites in a DA-6.. The Diesel version has a pre-glow cycle and is controlled by a ECU.

The BA-6 doesn't pre-glow, there is no combustion valve which restricts the combustion air in order to heat up the burn chamber quickly, or a small quantity fuel pump which delivers a lesser amount of fuel on start-up. These are components that Diesel needs. Same reason a Diesel engine needs glow plugs. I have two of the DA-6 in stock for sale- I need to find two temp sensors to make them work on the high setting. E-mail me for more info-

Robert 1982 Westfalia 1987 Wolfsburg

----- Original Message ----- Wrom: RCLBDXRQBGJS Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 6:36 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: BA6 & DA6 aux heaters

I'm trying to get some information on aux heaters for an 86 Syncro. I tried calling Automotive Heater Technology, but they are no longer there. I want to install a diesel heater, and want to know where it goes in relation to all the Syncro drive components and also if I can convert a gas heater to a diesel heater.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Craig Rogers ----- Original Message ----- Wrom: NBOHMKHJYFMYXOEAIJJPHSCRTNHGSWZIDREXCAXZOWCO To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 9:08 AM Subject: Re: When to replace hoses