Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:46:44 EDT
From:         Lee Spear <Euroslide@AOL.COM>
Subject:      temp sinding unit # 2

I'm having one of those days. to start i got gas yesterday it started running funny about the time i got it home. it was having problems 2 weeks ago but it went a way (i just though it loved my and fixed its self). The old problem was hard starts running rough for the first minute or two. After that this thing runs great. a few listers re: me to change the timp sending unit #2.

OK today's problem water in the gas (o joy). That happens didn't thank it would take to long to pump it out. I used a peace of hose from the t-connection to a 5gl can. Jumped the fuel pump relay pumped until it looked OK added more gas pumped a little more. I got to thanking (thats win all went to hell) I should replace the fuel filter. Theirs a parts store about a mile a way. went to start her up and fire! I didn't put the little bolt back in the connector. after i got the fire out i kicked myself in ass. that's the dumbest thing I've done quit sometime. after the smoke cleared. i put some heat shrink over a few wires and started it with the bolt in. it runs OK over 1500rpm but under that its rough. if i disconnect the temp #2 it runs great but high. i first thought i burnt something up. I looked at it like just start at the hardest place the control unit page 24.61 in the manual i went through every step i cant find any problems so after all day and a fire I'm having a very strong rum and coke. so should i change temp 2 or let it burn.

thanks in advance for any help aim going to take a shower & eat ill be back in an hour or so.

Lee 86GL (the fire slide)