Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:29:49 -0500
From:         Tim Marciniak <tmarciniak@WI.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: 87 Vanagon Wolfsburg Tires
Comments: To: Bob Krupiarz <hockeyinaz@YAHOO.COM>

Bob,

Last summer I had a hell of a time located a set of the MXT's. I remember having a few conversations with Michelin which were a bit confusing to say the least. It sounded to me like this tire was still being made but not shipped to the USA. Go figure. I called every tire place near where I live (Milwaukee) and no one could get this tire. For the heck of it I called a VW dealer in my area and the tire buyer there was able to get me 4 Michelins MXT. I dont know where he got them from but it took a week and he said he got them from a supplier in the western US. They werent cheap, about $110 each but will worth it IMHO on the vanagon. This is one time when you might want to check a VW dealer. (I cant believe I'm endorsing a VW dealer) This particular dealer in Milwaukee I have heard is pretty good at providing Vanagon support.

Tim Marciniak 90 Vanagon Multivan 95 Passat GLX 99 NB 79 Toyota Landcruiser