Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:06:15 -0400
From:         Tim Hannink <tjhannink@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: 87 Vanagon Wolfsburg Tires

Michelin MXT's (and MX's and MXL's) are passenger car tires, with reinforced sidewalls. Michelin light truck tire part numbers typically begin with "L". I couldn't find a spec sheet for MXT's since they have been discontinued but I did find this on a Agilis press release: "Targeting light vans or compact panel vans, the Michelin Agilis 41 and 51 replace the reinforced Michelin MX, MXL and MXT. ... "

If the MXT's were light truck tires, why would they need to be reinforced to be used on a van?

Tim Hannink Goldibox - 1987 Vanagon Camper, Wolfsburg Edition Winter Park, Florida http://home.earthlink.net/~tjhannink/ http://photos.yahoo.com/tjhannink Vanagon Album

----- Original Message ----- From: John Rodgers <jhrodgers@MINDSPRING.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 6:28 PM Subject: Re: 87 Vanagon Wolfsburg Tires