Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Apr 2002 07:39:55 -0500
From:         Chris Stann <ChrisS@INFORMS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bra Substitute
Comments: To: Jere Hawn <jbrschawn@EARTHLINK.NET>

Personally, I would not do it for the following reasons which I'll list in no particular order of importance:

1. Looks. Bras look better. Remove around town and you have a pretty van. I've seen a Vanagon with this coating on it and it was, well, hideous. 2. Resale value. Bras will protect and increase. Spray-on stuff will likely deter buyers. 3. Crash repair. Lets say you'll get into a slight parking light bender. How do you get the stuff off to repair the damage? Then reapply in small sections? 4. Long term appearance. Bras last a long time and you can eventually replace them. The coatings last a long time as well, but what then? Re-coat?

Chris.

'85 Westy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jere Hawn" <jbrschawn@EARTHLINK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 2:10 AM Subject: Bra Substitute