Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:02:36 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Part request...
Comments: To: Greg Marshall <earthboy@ROGERS.COM>

The deceleration valve bypasses the throttle plate when the manifold vacuum is high such as when going down hill with the throttle closed or when down shifting to slow down. This allows some air into the manifold so that there is adequate air for the fuel leaving the injectors to burn. The water boxers never got this part as they are designed to turn the injectors off completely when the engine is being over driven with the throttle closed. No fuel, so no air is needed. The only difference between the CA and federal versions is the vacuum pressure at which the valve opens. I don't know what problems you are having but I doubt you need to spend money again on this part.

Dennis