Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:37:06 +0200
From:         buscofurgo buscofurgo <buscofurgo@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      need lots of help!

hi, first i would like to say that my english is poor, so be patient with me. second: the van which i own (just bought it) is a: volkswagen campind d (this appears on the back door) 1600cc 4 manual gears 1983, made in germany so all my "questions" are aboyt it. i spent all the money i had in buying it, so now i donīt have money, not even for the insurance.

i have been looking for manuals in internet but i havent found anything yet. when i bought the van it didnīt came with an "owners manual", so, for example i donīt know what kind of fuses do i need for the fuse case; actually i have all the fuses in the case except by one, and when i put a fuse on it, the fan in front of the van starts running (and the keys are in my pocket!). i dont know if i should put a lower fuse or a higher one!this fan what is it for; for the ventilation, i suposse.hoe does it work?and why?

but that isn,t my biggest problem now. the biggest problem is in the gear box, but not in the back of the van(near to the engine). for what i see the problem is in the front, where you actually change the gears with your hands while you driving. i dont know what kind of transmision do i have but i will try to explain(just the front part, the back part near the engine works right): well, itīs just a cube down the van with two guides in two of the sides, and iside the cube there is a join of the "stick"(dont know how itīs says in english) that cames from inside the van, with another "stick" that goes to the back, to the"gear box engine". the first "stick" (inside the van) passes trhu a "kind of ball", which allows you to align the "stick" with the guides.

so if anybody hhas been able to understand what i was trying to explain, maybe he will be able to tell me what type what of transmission do i have. could it be a 091 or a 002, or somethin like that? i want to know it in order to gather information about it in internet, so perharps i will be able to fix my self (donīt have money for a mechanics garage and the van hasnīt moved for 3 weeks!)

i think that is all, at least for the moment.

thanks a lot for everyone

p.d:is it a vanagon, a camper, or a vanagon camper, or what?!!

iņaki bustingorri 1983 ??????????

write you soon