Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:39:19 -0600
From:         Steve Blackham <ssblackh@QWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: What TYPE of person drives/buys a FRIDAY vanagon?
Comments: cc: LARAINE BLACKHAM <lblackham@dsdmail.net>

Stan

You have to stop talking about me behind my back!

Steve Blackham Centerville, Utah

77 Converted to Camper (2) Rabbit Pickups (Caddies) 82 Vanagon (Parts) (3) Jettas 83 Vanagon (Project) (1) Dasher wagon 88 Vanagon (weekender) (1) Foooooord Bronco 90 Vanagon (Carat weekender) (New addition)

I just can't seem to let loose of any vehicle I have ever owned!

Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:18:56 -0500 From: Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM> Subject: Re: What TYPE of person drives/buys a FRIDAY vanagon?

Can I qualify as a Vanagon / Westy driver if: I haven't had a car payment in 13 years. If I haven had a house note for 11 years. If I haven't needed to buy on credit in fifteen years. If I'd rather go camping than to movies. If I can repair my own vehicle. If I post stupid statements to the Internet. If I haven't had a job (other than Government part timer) for 10 years. If I let my grass turn brown in Summer months. If I'm not bright enough to get rid of a transient cat; now permanent, me thinks. If I throw back all of the polluted fish I catch. If I ride my Mountain Bike off of cliffs. If I collect rocks from every place I camp and line my flower beds with them. If I let the wind velocity and direction dictate which lake I go to for camping. If all of the junkyard guys call me *The Vanagon Man*. If I've got enough spare parts to resurrect three Vanagons front certain crushing. If I get a thrill out of crushing stripped down Vanagons after I get the goodies off to restore another Westy. If I throw rocks at deer and farrow cats when I go camping. If I think a wheel chock is my most important item of camping gear. If I register my Westy 130 miles from home so I don't have to deal with intensive state inspections. If I'm currently under psychotic (not misspelled) care to overcome my *Paranoid Maintenance Syndrome*. If I like the squeaking front brakes cause it scares off dogs that chase cars and warns squirrels and cats that I don't stop for them. If I've accepted that Old suspension parts squeak in Summer and New suspension parts squeak in Winter. If I thump my VDO gauges because I can't believe that its running this good. If I don't need a bra. If I don't need allow wheels. If I've read the Owner Manual. If I use the Bentley Manual as a door stop. Oh! Please. Let me be a Vanagon Guy.

Stan --