Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:58:16 -0700
From:         Matthew Pollard <poll7356@UIDAHO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: tiico engine ?
Comments: To: dunks <3dunks@msn.com>

There is much info in the archives regarding sound dampening materails. If you have lots of $$$$ go with the q-pads (so i'm told). I am not loaded (with $) so i went with dynamat... sort-of. Dynamat purchases their stuff from another company and slaps their logo on it. Literally. I purchased B-quiet origional. www.b-quiet.com

As for the cyclic idle. I have the same problem. Did you tune the ecu with the 1221/1222 tool or vagcom, etc? I'm told that the cyclic idle can be solved by adjusting your timing if you stick with the vanagon injector system. But i would get your hands on the correct fuel injection system- an A2 rail, injectors and fuel pressure regulator. The vanagon regulator is too low pressure for this engine. What the engine seller didn't tell you this? hahahahahahahhahahah!!! Instead of changing the complete rail, you can also just change the fuel pressure regulator to an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. They are not cheap, about 80$ iirc.

Hope this helps. Matthew 86 syncro westy tiico