Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Apr 2002 02:18:18 +0800
From:         TJ Hannink <tjhannink@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: fog lights

The relay for my Hella XL's is controlled through the headlight switch and a VW 3-position rocker switch also mounted in the dash, so they can be turned on and off with the headlights or can be turned off independently. A constant 12V supply could also be wired to the third terminal of the rocker switch energize the auxiliary light relay with the headlights off.

I also use the output of the headlight switch (pin 56) to control my headlight relay. There is no cutting or splicing needed for this modification, only the removal of the wired terminal from pin 56 of the headlight switch. I have a drawing on my website here if your interested: http://home.earthlink.net/~tjhannink/Hella_XL_Driving_Lights.htm

Good luck,

Tim Hannink Goldibox - 1987 Vanagon Camper, Wolfsburg Edition Winter Park, Florida http://home.earthlink.net/~tjhannink/ http://photos.yahoo.com/tjhannink Vanagon Album

----- Original Message ----- From: Andy Zappe <Zapvw@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 11:51 AM Subject: fog lights