Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:11:52 -0700
From:         "Thomas D. Hanlon" <hanran@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Help - Red Hot Cat (meltdown?) !!!
Comments: To: Robert Steven Fish <fish@SALZBURG.CO.AT>

Robert,

I had a similar incident, but from "natural" causes, and not from any repair that I made or didn't make. The ceramics in the cat deteriorated,- fell apart, collapsed- and plugged the exhaust. I had to take off the muffler and unplug the cat by using a broom stick as a ram. The pieces fell out. New cat needed. I was told that, somehow, raw gas had gotten into the cat and when the gas ignited, the heat ruined the ceramics. Maybe when you were were repairing, you allowed uningnited gas to collect in the cat.

Regards,

Tom Hanlon Palm Springs, CA 84 Westfalia