Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:24:15 -0600
From:         John Brush <jbrush@AROS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Lowering Gasoline Prices
Comments: To: The Lecrones <saljel@NFDC.NET>

>> But we CAN >> have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war. >> gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their >> prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

C'mon, gasoline prices are fixed nation wide, and not a one of them controls the actual price. If anyone was to cut their prices, they would find a horse's head in their bed, and their family would be gunned down at the toll booths........

Here in Utah, we extract the crude from out own land, refine it locally, and sell it through local dealers, and the price is always the same as the stuff that comes out of the desert halfway around the world. Once every few weeks, a call at midnight adjusts ALL the prices at the exact same time, mostly up, but sometimes down. The individual oil companies do not set the prices. Consumers do NOT control prices. Politicians control prices.

>> I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to >at >> least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten >more >> (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the >sixth >> generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

Hey! I just had a great idea. Why not use the postal service, and in addition to contacting thirty people, if we put $5 in an envelope and send it to the first name on the list, we could all afford all the gasoline we wanted, no matter what the price is! I wonder.........

This is as stupid as the 'boycott companies that use Arab oil' schtick from last week.

Ain't the internet great??

John