Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Apr 2002 02:13:40 -0700
Comments:     Resent-From: "lbmelman" <lbmelman@earthlink.net>
Comments:     Originally-From: Tromper <evilpig@mindspring.com>(by way of
              lbmelman, <lbmelman@earthlink.net>)
From:         lbmelman <lbmelman@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Frustrated Vanagon owner

Amen I just dropped about 400 bucks into to my vanarat, first money I've put into it other then maintenance since last summer..I'm coming up on a pair of tires (Thinking a set of six ply Jupiter's, though the 4's were fine) but that's all stuff you do on a newer car too.

For that matter a large part of my cost was CV's... I recall doing those on newer vehicles as well.. No complaints here

Tromper 1982 Dieselfant II "The Manatee"

a 12-16 year old car is not a new car so why would anyone expect it to operate like one.

how much would a new car cost these days? perhaps $300-600/mo?

now, do you think you would like that new car as much as a vanagon? i wouldn't, and i can afford a new the car.

if i pay $200/mo in repairs i think that is a pretty good deal for having a car i like.

and those months my van does not need repairs, the money gets saved for the months when it will.

my biggest fear is that i will want to keep this van running longer than i will be able to or california will allow me to.

larry.