Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:49:05 +1200
From:         Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ>
Subject:      Re: Parking lot encounter

>I've said it one, I will say it many more times... EVERYONE should carry >the following items in their glove box: > >- 24 shot disposable camera with flash >- Note pad >- Pencil / Pen

The one real accident I've had ( a crazy woman turned in front of my Nissan Skyline; she was supposed to give way but just cut in and I T-boned her), I had a camera AND video camera, so I took a number of shots and video clips showing cars, skidmarks etc. Both cars sat where they'd stopped (both blocking traffic) until a cop came and measured my skidmarks, confirming that I'd been doing a legal speed, and confirmed that SHE was entirely in the wrong (I had no choice but to hit her, as any deviation from my path would have taken me into oncoming traffic, and anyway, I only JUST had time to hit the brakes, meaning that I was still doing about 50kmh when we hit). I had to drive 270 km home fropm there with rather bent front sheetmetal...

She later claimed against me with her insurance, as having been speeding, "confirmed" by her friend who "measured" my skidmarks (cops told me he most likely measured BOTH marks and added them together!), then proceded to badger the police, who then told me she's a nutter. Hhowever MY insurance tried to lay the blame on me too, ignoring the police report! Man, I hate insurance, which is why I haven't insured a car since quitting that insurance policy! (yes, it's legal here to not insure a car). -- Andrew Grebneff 165 Evans St, Dunedin 9001, New Zealand <andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz> Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut