Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:06:25 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: A/C Engine Fan Vibration
Comments: To: Ray Reinhard <rayreinhard@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

I doubt that the fan was never wired to work with the AC on. The fan uses a resistor to provide multiple speeds for the radiator fan. The AC should operate the fan at the lowest speed. 1st stage cooling should bring on a slightly faster speed. High AC head pressure or engine second stage cooling operates the fan at the speed which makes things vibrate. The resistor is a common failure item. It is located behind the drivers side head light.

Dennis