Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:10:33 -0400
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: spare tire compartment gas can?????
Comments: cc: developtrust <developtrust@cox.net>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=1807364597

He doesn't seem to have any listed now but they come up from

time to time.

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:45:59 -0700 >From: "developtrust" <developtrust@cox.net>

>Subject: Re:      Re: spare tire compartment gas can?????

>To: "80 Westy Pokey" <pokey@VANAGON.ORG> > >Where did you get your spare tire gas can and how much was

it? > >William > >> I have a spare tire can that I haven't installed yet. I am >> going to put real gas inside, but I will probably continue

to >> carry a can of the Penzoil Rescue gas substitute in the >> vehicle. >>

>> I used the Penzoil rescue on on ocassion and it worked

like a >> charm, the only caveat is that you must use it on a hot >> engine. The other downside to the Penzoil Rescue canister

is >> that they are quite smal wheras my spare tire tank is 9 >> Litres or 2 1/2 gallons. >>

>> Thanks, >> Chris >>

>> ---- Original message ---- >> >Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:33:19 -0500

>> >From: Andrew Bell <andrewbell@QWEST.NET> >> >Subject: Re: spare tire compartment gas can????? >> >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> > >> >One question I know wasn't asked in the whole discussion,

or >> maybe it >> >was and I missed it: can you fill it with the gasoline >> substitute I see >> >available every once in a while? Non-explosive and is

close >> enough to >> >gasoline? Anyone use it? I guess it is made for transport >> inside the >> >passenger compartments of vehicles... >> > >> >AB >> > >> >Frank Grunthaner wrote: >> > >> >> A R C H I V E S ! ! ! >> >> >> >> Frank Grunthaner >