Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:40:32 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA>
Subject:      Re: What should I hear if I pressurize my intake manifold?
Comments: To: David Marshall <vanagon@volkswagen.org>

David,

one more suggestion (that I should have thought of when you first raised the problem) is checking the wiring to the ECU. i.e. check the pins at the connector (according to Bentley) for the right resistance/continuity/voltage etc.

Maybe, just maybe the wire(s) is(are) bad.

Alistair

PS the old method of vacuum leak detection is by using propane (or ether!!)...directing the gas around the suspected areas and noting if the engine changes speed. But if the damn thing won't idle in the first place....!