Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:58:48 -0400
From:         Joe Gawzner <joeg@ZEEMEDICALINC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shower from sink set up
Comments: To: Craig Oda <craigoda@COMMUNITYBUILDERS.INFO>

Seeing this thread, I thought I'd pass along what I observed with a neighbor van, tho not VW, while surfing last weekend. The guy had jerry- rigged one of those insecticide spray cans that pump with air to pressurize them(which I use as well to rinse off my feet and face as a mini-shower on a little portable plastic grill I made to keep my feet off the sand/dirt) with the out going into a copper coil in an enclosure which was heated by a Coleman gas canister campstove out thru the handle of the spray can which controls the spray and the off/on. Then he took is rear doors, which open from the middle, and hung a drape to give him privacy. The contraption was in 1 cement mixer tub with he standing in another to catch the water and keep his feet off the sand/dirt. Sez he uses it all the time in Mexico. The whole deal is contained within the stacked cement tubs. The contraption looked dangerous yet interesting, but the curtain using the rear door was interesting. I had to talk to him as I have been using chilly cold water thru one of these sprayers for years now, and he was the first I've seen with the same idea. Not a full shower, but I can rinse my face and hair and feebly get the salt off me with only 1 gal of water. More data to consider, tho in past threads there have been interesting ideas hanging curtains in the poptop and good use of those solar showers.

Joe

1990 Westy Syncro Subarized