Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:59:32 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Official Vanagon CB Channel - Friday
Comments: To: sjohnso2000@YAHOO.COM

I've been monitoring channel 2 for seven years. All I ever got was that never ceasing squeals, squawk and crackle sound. Things changed recently as I was going over a mountain in New Mexico, I actually received a voice transmission. It was coming from an extraterrestrial source called K-pax. I couldn't believe it! The sender asked who I was and where I was and then asked which frequency they should they use to reach our leader. I was dumfounded to say the least, they didn't seem to care about much else. After thinking about it for a few seconds I told them to stay on this same channel. They commented that they had been on this channel for 40 of our years and hadn't reached anybody except some people that were from a tribe called hippies that seemed to laugh a lot and say "Don't Bogart that Mic I want to talk too". I advised them that it was the Official Vanagon Channel and they seemed pleased with that. I assured them that this channel was going to be well monitored in the future and our leader would be listening here. So fellows log onto channel 2 and when you get the call you can pretend that you are our leader. They never said whether they wanted him to eat, for discussion or just to locate him and kill him, so you're on your own.

Stan Wilder 83 Air Cooled Westfalia

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:15:38 -0700 Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@YAHOO.COM> writes: > Well, I broke down last year and bought a CB as > well in anticipation of the East coast get togethers > only to be dissappointed because for the caravan they > used those 2-way walkie-talkies. Fortunately, I > bring those along on trips as well. So we didn't > miss out on the chatter... > > I also concur that Channel 2 is the one used for > caravans when CB's are in use... > > later... > > Steven > > > --- phil stanhope <napszeerf@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > > > And I got to thinking, whats OUR channel......for > > those of us that have CB radios. When and If all the > > cards are right and two vanagoneers with CBs from > > the > > list are within gabbing range.......I know..FAT > > CHANCE! > > > > What do vanagon CB'ers do? Do they leave it on 19 > > then > > switch to a more private station? > > > > Phil > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________ > > Do You Yahoo!? > > Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax > > http://taxes.yahoo.com/ > > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax > http://taxes.yahoo.com/ >