Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Apr 2002 15:37:20 -0700
From:         Jere Hawn <jbrschawn@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: plastic coolant pipes,,,ummmm
Comments: To: Bob Whitby <rpwhitby@MINDSPRING.COM>

Bob,

I believe that you are looking at the ridge that is imbedded in the pipe to prevent the hose from coming off once attached and under pressure. About 130,000 miles ago I removed the ridge and just got a longer hose. The stock one is 1 1/4" and about 8 inches long. I went into auto parts store with the sample and told the guy I wanted a hose from another car that had the same diameter but a much longer straight run. I think I got a ford part... who knows... but I took it home and cut a straight piece out of it that was about 14 inches long and used double hose clamps and not a peep from it in 130,000 miles.

Jere 90 GL 88 GL