Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:54:08 -0700
From:         Eric Unrau <eunrau@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Strange clacking (valve Lifter?) noise.
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jhrodgers@MINDSPRING.COM>

Well...I wondered the about that too until I found a posting by one of our list members which said that he had contacted the manufacturer and was told that the gas treatment and the oil treatment are the same product. So, I'm using the product that is labelled as "gas treatment" in both. A little nervous about that, but only going to run it for 200 km before an oil change. If I'm wrong about this, please jump in and tell me now...

~Eric~

Eric Unrau wrote:

> William, > > I have experienced the same problem (noisy lifters); My search off the > archives > turned up two solutions: > > 1) use a pint of Marvel Mystery Oil in the motor oil for last 100-200 > miles before your oil changes (don’t overfill)

I have to ask the question. Which of the Marvel Products did you ACTUALLY use?

There is a Marvel's Mystery Oil Top Lube, and a Marvel's Mystery Oil fuel additive, and then there is Marvel's Mystery Oil penetrating oil. Simple application of term MMO has me confused?

Thanks,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver with an occasional Clack!!