Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:50:45 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jhrodgers@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: engine misses at low rpm's
Comments: To: Stephen Hosick <peterho@SWBELL.NET>

I'm going through this with my 88 GL. The engine has a twitch that I can't pinpoint.Just had new Bosch plugs, rotor, cap, new Bosch ignition harness (plug wires all the way). And it still twitches. I have noticed that my tailpipe is absolutely totally sooted black. I'm beginning to suspect that the O2 sensor is somehow involved, but I'm not knowlegeable enough about the interplay of it and the other components or ignition and fuel injection to figure it out short of blindly replacing parts, which is a thing I really abhor.

Any input would be appreciated.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver