Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Apr 2002 02:32:02 -0400
From:         Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Another post on the closet door "cut"… (final
              post!!!!!!!!!!)

First, Lol!!!

Somebody on this list posted " I will never cut my door" to keep my westy original!!!! (Yeeeeeaaaaaaaa)

I have seen many westy in the past few week, some came to my home for advice!!!

None of those have a cleaner interior than mine!!!, my west looks like it's NEW inside and outside. When I say new it's new…( I am a damn westy maniac

now)

I agree to keep the van in is original configuration BUT (not sure I agree but whatever)… in just a few weekend last year before out big trip I found

out that this DAMN door was in the way… Every time we had to get to the closet we had to unscrew the 2 table knobble… (for shoes, clothing…) You

get to that closet a lot more time per day than you open the table… (if you have a girl that need lady's stuff) I spent almost 2 consecutive months in my van last year (no Motel or Hotel, that's 55 days in a row!!!) and I did appreciate the CUT DOOR…………………………….(get over it)

The job was done with a melamine-cutting blade (clean job, like any other job I do) and the gap is 1mm, you would never know if the door was cut, the cut part is finish with melamine grey tape (color of my west). The cut part is screwed with to flat metal plate in the back (inside closet) now because THE DOUBLE SIDED TAPE (to keep the van original) was not holding well in hot temperature.

Also, I don't have the front table, I did remove this one because SHE IS IN THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!! (I call this one the stupid table) so I need to keep the rear table in place. (my 110 volt oven is on it)

I ratter have my rechargeable vacuum cleaner behind the seat, and I DO use my upper bunk every 2 night (read between the line!!!!). (sex one night and peace the other night, my girlfriend moves to much, he he he he)

Lol, Ben http://www3.sympatico.ca/huotx/engine1.htm

The modification: http://pages.infinit.net/engine/westy_modification.htm