Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Apr 2002 02:51:07 -0400
From:         H Steven Dolan <dworkin@TYPE2.COM>
Subject:      Re: [T2] EveryBus 2002 Thanks
Comments: To: ncbus <ncbus@mindspring.com>
Comments: cc: fmbc <FullMoon@Hville.Net>, type2 list <type2@type2.com>,
          vintagebus <vintagebus@type2.com>

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, ncbus wrote:

> EB02 is over. > > There were well over 160 VW Transporters in attendance and one very > COOL MB Marco Polo Westfalia conversion with German registration and > plates. > > Thanks are in order for:

CHRIS CYBULSKI!!!!!! Who ran a GREAT event!!!! Hip Hip HOORAY!!!!

> Steve Dolan for checking the dwell and timing on more poorly running > buses than could keep count of and the space on the everybus server.

Yah, yah... I was just havin' fun :-) I *would* like to hear from those whose buses I worked on... did you get home OK?

And the feeble, last minute efforts I made on Saturday have inspired me... At High Country Bus Festival (with permission from Mike/Buddha), I would like to run a formal clinic on "How to set your dwell, timing, and check your vacuum" I will post further on this tomorrow, as it is closing in on 3AM and I just got home and am near-delirious form exhaustion.

I have some ideas, some questions, and would like to recruit some victi/////... err... volunteers :-) on running a basic "keep your bus engine alive" seminar.

I would also like to collect some old distributors and carbs, as examples and teaching tools. At the very least, if you are coming to HCBF, plan on scooping all the old distributors and carbs, dead or not, out of your parts boxes. Maybe we can line up for an ID and diagnosis session.... what is it? what is it good for? and how does it do what it is supposed to do?

Anyhow, it is late... errr... early, and I am collapsing as I typ(o)e.... excuse the lousy keyboard work :-) I'll post something more readable tomorrow, I promise!

> Nikki for almost getting there.

:-( But she *is* on her way, thanks to Art Long and David Schwarze! :-) The latest news is that she is headed east after a carb clinic by David Schwarze. Speaking of which... David... coming to HCBF? Wanna run a clinic on carbs???? Or anyone (oh, say... Mr. Dearing :-) want to sub? I am OK on FI, but you can search the archives in vain for posts by me on carbs! I am hopeless on them and would love to attend a seminar on them at a campout.

Steve Dolan

/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail X - NO Word docs in e-mail / \ - NO V-Cards in e-mail