Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:33:45 -0800
From:         Fryday <fryday@CALIFORNIA.COM>
Subject:      Report on buslab boys, the story continues

For those who rememeber, I bought my '87 westy from a couple of mechanics working out of a lrage storage space in Richmond Ca. Their little business is to buy vans, fixing them, and then selling them at a profit and including a 2 months gentlemen's warranty.

So far, the story has been pretty good. Van running really well, interior/exterior looking great. Brought it over the first time for minor interior/exterior fixes (from the checklist on vanagon.com). They also offered to set up the hitch/lights if I got all the pieces together (I know, I know, I could do it myself, but I have little time :)). A week later, one of the distributor cables failed, so I brought it back and they fixed it in a minute. Last week, had another mechanic do another full check, and he found some soon-to-be-an-issue maintenance type of things, which I sent to the guys by e-mail. Bringing it to them again thursday for final fixes. More details after that.

My general impressions:

- They pretty do the work for you as far as finding good vans. There's no point for them in buying a van they'll have to do a lot of work on and then selling it. - They will typically fix small stuff really quickly (slightly lower quality of work) and replace defective parts with other used parts (probably the reason for the defective distributor cable) - They are all around cool guys and seem to know what they are talking about - Their prices are not low, but you buy a lot of peace of mind in the process.

Anyway, anyone interested in getting in touch with them, send me a p-mail.

A bientot,

Philippe