Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:12:02 -0500
From:         "Smola, Tony" <TSmola@TRIBUNE.COM>
Subject:      VANAGON DRAG RACES!......which is actually a faster Vanagon....th
              e 1.9L timed at 5 degrees BTDC or the 2.1L.......is there a
              noticable dif ference?

I'm in So Cal and would like to know if anyone has any experience with competitive driving between the 1.9L and the 2.1L....... My 85' Westy w/ low compression on two of the cyl's still does 70 mph on the flats......and will keep up with any vanagon, except when we come to a significant hill....that's when the low compression really shows....... So when my Van is back running on all 4 with compression over 135....hopefully around 150......which is where cyl 2 is right now with 137k on the motor......wow!........ I want a showdown with anyone here in So Cal.........you name the place and the time.......... Just kidding, but really You guys out there.....do the real road dyno and compare those engines......I think you will be surprised........stock against stock......stick against stick.....or auto....who cares....let's get some feedback.......

Malibu Tony........hopped up on too much coca cola and ......and not enough surf to wear me down 85' Westy 1.9L.....white, PW, PM, PDL, Clifford alarm which locks the doors and rolls up the windows....nice touch SA grill, H-4's w/ 80W/100W and H-3's w/ 50W...., bilsteins, ice cold A/C...yes ice cold!, CD changer under driver seat, w/ kenwood head unit,

Projects for this year: rear factory sway bar, 1" front swaybar, dual battery, built in inverter, built-in battery charger so when you plug into shore power , you charge the batteries and run the inverter too.....SA alloys, big brake kit, SVX?, 5-speed w/ overdrive