Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:18:21 +0000
From:         Tom Wayne <tom.wayne@ATT.NET>
Subject:      '84 TIICO westy for sale on ebay

Hi everyone,

I am selling my '84 westy - I guess coming close to turning 40, plus pressure from my spouse, convinced me to take the plunge and by a 2002 weekender.

It is item 1824104150 - here is the description as it appears on ebay:

Vanagon Westfalia w/ 2.0 2000 VW Golf Engine! Vehicle Description

Here is a '84 VW Vanagon Westfalia Wolfsburg Edition Camper in excellent condition for sale with an added bonus - a TIICO (see http://www.tiico.com/prod04.htm for more information) genuine 2000 2.0 liter Golf engine with Motronic fuel injection with only 15,000 miles. No more leaky gaskets, and you will be able to smile at other Vanagon owners as you pass them at 70 MPH going up mountains with 118 hp @ 4800 rpm / 132 ft/lb. torque @ 3500 rpm!! I am the third owner, having acquired the van in 1993 when it had 109,537 miles on it, and all of the owners (first owner a doctor with family, second owners a retired couple) have lived in the rust free state of North Carolina. With the exception of the last six months when it has been called into duty as a daily driver to and from work, virtually all of the traveling has been on highway trips since I bought it in 1993 - from NC to MA every summer, and to the mountains and coast of NC the rest of the year. The camper has been well maintained by 2 great VW mechanics, both of who drive a Vanagon or a Vanagon Westfalia. Since the engine conversion was completed in August of 2000, I have added a new muffler, a cat converter and brackets, a new alternator, an AC compressor, a new fuel pressure regulator, and a Class three trailer hitch with 2" receiver made by Dennis Haynes (see vendors on www.vanagon.com - recommended weight of 2000 pounds with a maximum tongue weight of 150 pounds). The new engine runs great, and the automatic transmission does also, especially after being rebuilt in 2001. I have the transmission fluid & filter, non-phos. anti-freeze, changed every two years, and the synthetic engine oil changed 3 times a year. This Vanagon has factory A/C (needs work - see below), P/S, PW Brakes, a Kenwood AM/FM/Cassette Stereo with 6 CD changer, fridge operates in all three modes, water pump and facet, locking gas cap, all works nicely. This Van also comes with a number of extras, including a easy to put on and remove awning, a Bentley manual, a matching factory 5th seat that oscillates 360 degrees and a two seat bench that allows the van to seat 6 people comfortably. The 5th seat allows full access to refrigerator and sink cabinet and is awesome! If you have any other questions or would like to see some additional pictures, feel free to email me.

Vehicle Condition

The vehicle is in excellent condition for its age. The three items that I am aware of that need repair are listed below: - battery still works but nearing the end of its useful life. The van is equipped for a second battery (under the drivers seat but it is currently not being used); - right rear bumper cap is taped on, needs replacing ($9.95 on www.busdepot.com); - AC needs repair - compressor is only a year old, but blower motor needs replacement - it currently shorts out at anything greater than 1st speed on ac control. I am not aware of anything else that is wrong, and any interested buyers in the area are welcome to come take it out for a test drive, take it for an inspection, etc.

Terms of Sale

I only except cashiers checks or money orders. I want 50% down within 7 days of the auction closing and the rest no later than 14 days. I can arrange to store this vehicle for you till you can come and pickup at no charge, but I will need to be paid in full before I do this. I would prefer that you come and pickup - I will be more than happy to pick you up from the airport (Piedmont Triad International is only 5 miles from house). I don't think you want a moving company to damage it during shipping. If you have any other questions, please ask them before bidding. Please don't bid if you do not plan on following thru with your bid - I give negative feedback to dead beats. Thanks for looking and good luck

I hope it goes to a good buyer - myself and my family have really enjoyed it.

Tom Wayne Greensboro, NC