Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:29:42 -0500
From:         Andy Yarnell <Andrew.Yarnell@KIMLEY-HORN.COM>
Subject:      My Vanagon has a name...

Good Friday morning listees' Funny thing happened last night. My wife inadvertently named our Vanagon. I am trying to figure out the power locks on our Wolfsburg, (fuse missing for driver door when I bought it) and the only time I really have is late at night. Well, she was not too hip on the fact I was out monkeying with the Van, and she poked her head out the garage door and asked if I would like a blanket to sleep in the garage with. Well I just smiled and got back to the fuse box one more time. She later came out and asked what I was doing. I told here, and she said, "I hope you and Wilma are very happy together!" At first I was a bit put off by the tone in her voice, but then I just smiled, she had just named the Vanagon, sure it was out of spite, but it suits her (the Vanagon that is). So when I put the fuse in, and shut the door, it locks. Then I turn the key and it unlocks, then immediately lock again. I can hear something popping in the rear hatch too. I go around to the passenger side, and turn the key and the damn thing locks and unlocks randomly on its own. Nothing happens with the sliding door at all. I guess that is why the P.O. had it disabled, actually the P.O. did not know there were power locks in the van, so it was the P.P.O. that disabled the locks? Oh well, I want everything on my Vanagon to work correctly, and this is the last thing that does not. Any help would be appreciated. I have been to the archives, and so I have a good idea of what is going on, I need to get in there and test and check every wire and connection, then think about replacing the motors. Have a happy Friday! BTW, I still have my 1992 GTi for sale! $3,000 great condition. Andy Yarnell 1987 Vanagon GL Wolfsburg Edition 1992 VW GTi 8v - FOR SALE 1973 Bug Lakewood, CO