Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:38:58 -0400
From:         Michael Townsend <townsend@RTP.ERICSSON.SE>
Subject:      Re: My Vanagon has a name...

Hi,

This story sounds familiar -- although my van didn't get a name out of it. My doorlocks were also DPO - repaired by removing the fuse to the driver's door. I seem to remember one fuse going to the passenger door, and another unmarked one in the fuse block right above it that did the driver's door. Basically, if all the door locks do not cycle properly, the cycle reverses. So, if the power lock in the tailgate hatch or passenger door is mechanically stuck, then the power locks will reverse and unlock when you try to lock them. I had to remove the tailgate liner and lubricate the mechanism in the rear hatch latch to fix mine. I also had to lubricate the lock cylinder, because I think the DPO just left it in the unlocked (horizontal) position all the time instead of figuring out how to use the key back there or fixing the power locks. Of course, if you slider door is open, then it's status cannot be changed or read by the rest of the system.

Michael 90 Carat