Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:11:59 -0700
From:         George Wietor <wietorg@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Plans for building a bed in a 1984 Vanagon??
Comments: To: Manolo Rolan <MRolan@FILMAC.ES>

Bedseekers: I have an older Vanagon folding couch in my '87GL. Would love to trade for a unit made for later vanagons because the latches do not match. I live in Michigan. '87 Van O'White in grand rapids.

--- Manolo Rolan <MRolan@FILMAC.ES> wrote: > i made one for my kombi type '83 vanagon (caravelle) > > its a 85cm X 150cm X 30 cm plywood box when i fold > the back of the rear bench it opens over it doubling > it's size up to 150cmX 170 cm, it's not a big > surface but it's enogh. > > it has another adventage, this way i have a big > hidden closet under it. i could sent the plans to > anyone interested > > cheers > > Manolo Rolan > Valencia, Spain > > '83 caravele > > -----Mensaje original----- > De: Robert Keezer [mailto:warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM] > Enviado el: viernes, 26 de abril de 2002 9:18 > Para: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Asunto: Re: Plans for building a bed in a 1984 > Vanagon?? > > > That seat will fit a standard Vanagon, just not a > Wolfsburg with the plastic wall panels, which uses a > shorter seat. > The seat back latch pegs need to be moved forward > with a metal plate welded to the wall in which a > hole has been drilled for the peg. I have converted > a 82 Vanagon this way . > > Robert > 1982 Westfalia > > ----- Original Message ----- > Wrom: VRESKP > Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 7:54 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Plans for building a bed in a 1984 > Vanagon?? > > Hi Gang, > I have a few questions on bed plans for a 1984 > vanagon. First before I > build a bed, I found a back seat that folds into a > bed from a later model(I > think a 1987) but am told this will not fit in a > 1984 due to the welds in > the wrong location. Also told that the seat > actually wont fit..too wide. > Hmmm! Has any one installed a later model bed seat > in a 1984 and if so how > did ya'll do it? > > If not, does anyone have plans on building just a > platform bed. I was going > to just build one out of plywood and 2x4z but if > anyone had plans for a doit > yerself bed, that looks nice ofcourse, it would be > wonderful. > Thanks in advance, > Rob > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at > http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.Get more from the > Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com