Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:12:02 -0700
From:         Philip Chidlaw <pchidlaw@MCN.ORG>
Subject:      87 westy manual and resources

Awhile back, in my search for the two silverish glovebox manuals that originally came with my 1987 GL Camper, another list member suggested I try call the VW US publications distributer at 800-544-8021. Turned out to be a useful resource for original printings of out-of-print owners manuals, thanks Joel W. They claimed to have both manuals, but mixed up the shipping address, then reshipped 4 weeks later, and sent me the 87 Wolfsberg manual supplement instead of the 1987 Camper Supplement to Vanagon Owners Manual, along with the regular Owners Manual that I wanted. Next time they shipped me the owners manual supplement to the 1987 weekender, as I believe it is sometimes called. It also says Camper on the front. Anyway, not the GL Camper (Westfalia) supplement. Meanwhile I found the distributer web site, http://www.vw.ddsltd.com, complete with online ordering, but alas no images to confirm the apparently confusing identities of publications being ordered. They don't have it to sell.

It turns out that Bentley Publishers at http://www.bentleypublishers.com/browse.htm?subject=20 sells original printings of this stuff complete with online images, albeit at twice the price, but again they don't have the 1987 silver westy manual -- just every other year.

I would be glad to mail the 87 Weekender supplement or 87 Wolfsburg supplement to anyone that desires either for free. Pmail me if interested.

Does anyone know where I can get the 1987 Camper Supplement to Vanagon Owners Manual? I see that GoWesty sells photocopies that allege to cover 87-91. Were there no significant changes in that model year span? Thanks for the help.

Philip Chidlaw