Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:35:37 EDT
From:         Steve Cotsford <Cotsford@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: AC ducting for Westie
Comments: cc: al_knoll@PACBELL.NET

In a message dated 4/26/2002 10:44:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

> Ooooh....kewl! So run a piece of ducting from the rightmost (passenger > side) AC outlet to the "outlet" on the side just ahead of the C pillar. > Examining the ducting a bit shows that this leads forward through the door > to the ducting beneath the heater "suitcase". Is this what you did? So > now > the AC is ducted through the passenger side door to the front of the driver > area and then...oops gotta do it first before I know how well this might > work. I always wanted to use that "duct" tape properly. >

Actually I considered doing what you suggested, so the fresh air outlets would actually be a/c but I didnt do it but opted for a much more rudimentary design !! Actually the steering wheel spoke blocks off the flow of air to the face from the fresh air vent and cools the hand instead. I'm a musician and I dont want my fingers getting cold. I prefer the air coming from the ceiling vents and the as the cold air has a straight shot into the vent, I think there are fewer losses. I believe others have done this too, probably more professionally than me. I know theres a page to post pictures to but the address escapes me but I will post if requested.

Steve Cotsford