Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:49:54 -0400
From:         Robert Donalds <bostneng@FCL-US.NET>
Subject:      Re: TIICO vs. hot rod WBX
Comments: To: Vanagon man <vgonman@msn.com>

The best mileage for a single tank of fuel with my big valve engine was 21.04 mpg heading east on the Pa turnpike. I was not coasting but trying to keep up with the 18 wheelers 70 mph plus and slower then the fools that think they will never die I call them bait for the police car man. The average mpg on the return trip was 19 to 20 mpg and 17.5 in the DC outer loop it was stop and go traffic. I did stay under 70 for one tank of fuel going south threw Georgia just to be safe and to see if the mileage went up that was my lowest mpg 16.5 looking back I don't think I topped off the tank in the usual manor and there may have been a good head wind who knows cant say for sure. I did see consistant numbers on the open road on the return trip Bob