Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:35:38 -0400
From:         James Deitch <hollyridge@COGECO.CA>
Subject:      A new guy

Hey folks:

God you folks are beginning to scare me... bought this wonderful 84 westy last Aug. and until a couple of days ago life was too good to be true... signed up last week here and then as I read you folks things begin to happen... gotta blame someone eh...

Did a few short trips for long weekends (work kept getting in the way) and before you knew it the snow flew... Put the bus in hibernation for the winter and brought her(?) out a couple of weeks ago...

During the winter I was religious about starting and running for a time... also I put in some gas-line antifreeze...

After coming out of hibernation April 10th all was well... 500km and all was fine...

Last Sunday the start up included a whinning noise from over my shoulder...hmmm...I'm only going for the paper and a Tim's( for all you folks south of the "49th"...Oh well... you are missing a great coffee)...let's continue...

The whinning continued and I lost any power that I had...it would just idle...any acceleration it would stall...

10 minutes of scatching my noodle and fuel pump came to mind...no thanks to my Bentley... waited another 10 and was able to make to my trusty mech.... maybe something to do with cooling down a bit... Yeah yeah he says that is what it is ...and I replace... funny though that whinny noise is still there... and yes I replaced the filter too( actually bought 2..I'm learning eh...)... this fuel pump noise wasn't there prior to this experience...

Another thought... the noise is very subdued when I start up... and gets louder as the engine warms...

Should I be thinking dirty fuel and/or tank...

Any suggestions would be valued..

James

84 Westy "Morgan" 87 Volvo 740 "Yolanda"