Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:54:53 -0700
From:         Bill Kasper <dragonlist@IPMTS.UCSC.EDU>
Subject:      Re: neat idea........anyone done this before?
Comments: To: "Terry K." <CTONLINE@webtv.net>

terry, i am talking about removing all of the van in front of the rear bench and above the beauty strip...if you drop out the 500 in engine/tranny/fluid weight, and figure the van at 50/50 above each axle, we're talking 1700 for the back end....remove better than 50% of this for the sheet metal, and we're talking maybe 700 lbs for the trailer. still heavy, but nothing like you're talking about. and the creative use of plastics would lighten it even further...

or are you telling me those pickup truckbed trailers are weighing in that much below 700 lbs?