Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:09:08 -0700
From:         Craig Oda - Personal email <craigoda@COMMUNITYBUILDERS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Overwhelmed:  Second Battery
Comments: To: "Russell, William" <william.russell@UW-INC.COM>

William, http://www.geocities.com/harald_nancy/dualbattery.htm and http://members.fortunecity.com/davebaker1/westy/westy.htm

The part that is most relevant to you is

http://members.fortunecity.com/davebaker1/westy/id20.htm

Did you get deep-cycle batteries?

BTW, I don't have dual-batteries installed myself, I'm just researching it right now. There's a bunch of other stuff I have to fix on my Westy first.

However, from my inexperienced perspective, you should be able to charge the secondary from the alternator and run power from it when parked if you wire the fixtures to the secondary battery. I think that the refridgertor will suck your battery dry pretty quick, so you might want to use propane.

-- Craig

-- Craig Oda craigoda@communitybuilders.info VW Info: 1983 VW Westfalia, water-cooled, automatic http://communitybuilders.dhs.org/craigoda/vw/