Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 May 2002 11:11:44 -0400
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Tragedy at Van-Again

I debated over posting this to the List but we need all the prayers we can get so I decided to go ahead and let you folks know what is going on. Last Friday night my secretary whose name is Jamie Webber (a 17 year old high school student) was seriously injured in a car accident. She was hit by a very troubled 19 year old girl who was on drugs and running from the police. Jamie and three of her friends were driving in a '01 F*rd Explorer. When they drove through an intersection, the car driven by the girl on drugs failed to stop for a the stop sign and hit them probably doing over 60 mph. She had her headlights off and it was night so the driver of the car that Jamie was in had no chance to see trouble coming. Jamie was wearing her seatbelt, however apparantly one of the attaching points broke in the crash and she was ejected from the vehicle (the other three young people in the Explorer were virtually unscratched). She is a pretty 17 year old junior in High School. Her face was smashed in on one side, jaw broken and bones around her eye broken. Her left arm was broken to the point where it needed to be pinned back together, and she had several broken ribs. On Monday they took her into surgery and put metal plates in her head on both sides and wired her jaw shut. The next day her lung collapsed. Now she is back in intensive care again and they are wondering if she is going to make it or not. Please take some time today and pray for her/keep her in your thoughts. At this point there is nothing else I can do. I know the folks on the list care so I thought I would share this with you. This girl is like a daughter to me and it is breaking my heart to see her going through all of this. If you feel moved to send her a card or something please send it to: Jamie Webber c/o Van-Again 2001 Lakeshore Dr. Millville, NJ 08332

I'll see that she gets it. Thanks for caring!

Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com Phone: (856)-327-4936 Fax: (856)-327-2242