Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 May 2002 20:47:49 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot order line?

> I hate to see all list vendors pulled into a discussion about a problem with one. > We certainly don't blame, or is it credit, all Germans for the Vanagon ;)

Just to put this in perspective here, the only complaints that were made about the Bus Depot today were one person who got put on hold for several minutes when he called to place an order (on our dime, not his, via the toll free number), and another who, it would appear, probably ordered the wrong part by mistake, due to no fault of ours. And even the last time a Bus Depot "complaint" was mentioned here, when our computers crashed and were down for several days, the only complaint was that a couple of people couldn't check on their order status until the computers went back up - at which time we promptly called each and every one of them back and gave them the info they'd requested. But there were no complaints at all that people didn't get their parts, or anything like that. Even in the face of a complete computer disaster that might have crippled us, the orders kept shipping and everything kept going as usual.

Some people may have ordered from us in the past, when we were having severe growing pains and our internet sales were being inadequately handled by a subcontractor - situations that have changed, as I have reported on these pages. Not that we're at 100% now, but we're a big step beyond where we were then. Now we do all internet response in house, and typically respond within a business day. We typically have your order at your door well within our promised timeframe, and usually faster. We have more phone lines, a faster order processing system, and better handling of backorders. We have a great crew of very dedicated employees. We ship literally hundreds and hundreds of orders a week and 99% of them get there on time, exactly as advertised, intact, correct, and at big savings to the customer. Of course we're not perfect, and there will always be that 1%, but overall our customer satisfaction has soared in recent months. The feedback I've been getting from customers has been very positive.

I think that most people who would report a significant problem with a Bus Depot order would be referencing something that happened a while ago. And, as always, I encourage anyone who does have any sort of problem, or feedback in general, to p-mail me directly, and they will get my immediate attention and reply.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by Part # 1-866-BUS-DEPOT