Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 May 2002 19:45:05 -0700
From:         phil stanhope <napszeerf@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Very Sudden Coolant Leak URGENT!

Jeremy you should praize the gods that the coolant leak is up front and not back where your engine is. I dont know much about cooling systems but it also sounds to me like you have bad radiator. I just bought a VW of South Africa radiator from Bus Depot it was ALOT CHEAPER than OEM and they say they work just as well.

But the Feed line(to the radiator) should be hot while the return lines are cool.....this means rad. is good no?

Phil

--- Jeremy Speer <jspeer@POBOX.COM> wrote: > Listees, > > I just came home from cooking the first dinner down > at lake Calhoun in the > van... and i discovered a coolant leak up front. The > leak seems to be coming > from just above where the hoses enter the radiator. > > The hoses seem fine... not brittle at all, very > pliable. The > drip...drip...drip is coming more from the bottom of > the passenger side > radiator mount than anywhere else. > > Also, the incoming hot coolant hose is quite hot, > but the return hose is > still ice cold. > > I'm thinking it's time for a new radiator. > > Please p-mail with opinions... i'm on digest at the > moment and i'm a bit > freaked by this sudden discovery. > > Many thanks, > > -jspeer > > '89 Westy, "Mystery Machine"